Please pop your details and inquiry below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You can also contact us by phone or email.
Staff Skills and Criteria information is at the bottom of this page.
Contact us here:
Staff and Volunteers at The Crossing can learn:
- fundraising and marketing
- hospitality, tourism and guiding
- recreation leadership involving bushwalking, canoeing and mountain biking
landcareand natural resource management
- permaculture design
- team development
We employ staff and volunteers on a casual basis. Many volunteers are WWOOF volunteers (Willing Worker on Organic Farms).
We look for staff who may have the following competencies:
- current First Aid (preferably remote or wilderness first aid)
- current Working With Children Check
- experience in leading groups of young people
- zest for life, and a desire to help others shine
- flat water canoeing certificate
- bushwalking/navigation certificate
- mountain biking experience and ability to repair bikes
- food preparation and cooking experience
- nature conservation,
landcareor habitat survey experience
- chainsaw certificate
- permaculture design, or organic gardening experience
- agricultural skills, eg: fencing, mechanical repair skills, stock skills, 4WD experience, tool-use skills
- musical ability and ability to encouraging others to sing along
- a store of games and stories that can support young people on journeys into sustainability
We like volunteers to have some of the above staff skills and qualities.
Many people who are interested in being staff at The Crossing have first been WWOOFers with us (Willing Workers On Organic Farms). This is a good way to acquire more skills to work in environmental education. The Crossing is listed in the Australian WWOOF book ‘Victoria border north to Sydney’ section, postcode 2546b, property number ND043.
A Volunteer Working with Children Check is required for all programs involving young people (you can use your WWCC number and card where ever you volunteer to work with children).