Our Permaculture Site
Mission: Developing Youth Leadership in Sustainable Design
Core Values: Community Contribution, Responsibility and Active Conservation
Location: The Crossing is situated near Bermagui, on a riverfront bush setting on the Wilderness Coast of Southern NSW. Biamanga National Park adjoins the camp and The Crossing has the support of the Park’s Aboriginal owners for camping and research. The site is a traditional crossing place on the Bermagui River.
Young people make a Crossing into adulthood here; learning ways to contribute to the environment & community.
Numbers: We can accommodate student group sizes up to 28 with 4 additional staff rooms for accompanying teachers.
Food and catering: Provided, with whole foods and local organic produce where possible.
- off grid solar electrical system
- solar hot water supported by wood heating
- organic kitchen garden and orchards, plus chooks and sheep
- commercial kitchen
- community hall with attached covered outdoor classroom
- fire circle for evening gatherings
- train carriage bunkhouse with wide verandahs
- separate teacher/supervisor rooms
- canoe, bushwalking, & mountain bike journey available with instructors
Disabilities: The “journey” component of programs may prove inaccessible for a small selection of disabilities. Please contact us to discuss your needs further.
By bank deposit
We are approved on the Australian Register of Environmental Organisations. This is our tax deductible, public fund:
Account no: 200415194
The Crossing Land Education Trust Fund
Please put your name in the notes field.
Thank you for donating!