Heritage and Heirloom Fruit Tree Grafting Workshop 2022
Learn how to graft rootstock and scion, and about the value of heritage and heirloom fruit trees. Heirloom fruit varieties are often well adapted to local climates and they contribute to diversifying local food networks. If you have never grafted before, then this is your chance to learn.
Included in your booking is a rootstock and grafted scion to take home and plant in your orchard.
- August 18, 2022
- Workshop commences at 11am and concludes at 3pm. BYO lunch.
- Bring grafting knives and grafting tape if you have them (we have some spares).
- There will be rootstocks and scion available to purchase and graft on the day. Rootstocks $10. Scion $5.
- Please bring any named varieties of scion and rootstocks you might have to share with others. Keep them cool in plastic bags in your fridge once you cut them off your favourite trees (about as long as your hand with about 6 or so buds on them).
- We will send out more information (including directions to the site) in the week prior to the workshop.
Apples, Pears, Plums, and Cherries will be the focus of the day.
The Heritage Fruit Growers database will be available at the workshop. This allows you to match your scion vigour, so that more than one variety may be grafted onto a single rootstock (or existing tree) without unbalancing the tree.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Discounts to attend this workshop are available to fire-affected families.
All funds raised go to The Crossing so that we can continue our mission of youth leadership in sustainable design.
25 in stock