There are three training positions available to local Aboriginal people between 18-20 years of age based at the Crossing Land Education Centre, Bermagui in 2022.
As part of the On-Country Crew, you will gain experience working with NPWS, LLS, the Far South Coast Koala Action Network, and the Firesticks Alliance Indigenous Corporation.
Time spent on Country will include identifying different country types, identifying indicators within country types, enhancing and protecting koala habitats through traditional land management, reading the landscape, and researching and monitoring koala movement patterns.
At the Crossing, you will share knowledge learned about biodiversity, conservation, and sustainability with other young people through youth camping programs. There is also the opportunity to sensitively teach basic cultural knowledge to other young people.
This leadership training program is particularly suited to you if you are looking to begin a career as a NPWS field officer, or work in natural resources management, education, outdoor education, environment, conservation and culture.
A full job description is currently being finalised. In the meantime, here is some key information:
– Three-days per week (Tuesday-Thursday)
– Employed on a permanent part-time contract
– Award-rate wage (age-dependant up to $21/hr) paid monthly
– 5-days annual leave and 5-days sick leave
– 10% superannuation
– Located at the Crossing Land Education Centre in Bermagui
– Transport to and from work provided (from within 15kms of Bermagui: including Tilba, Cobargo, Merrimans, Wallaga Lake, etc.)
– Aboriginal identified position
– Must be 18-20 years old
– Uniform and equipment provided
– Cultural training and mentorship through our partnership with the Indigenous Firesticks Alliance
– Finish with nationally recognised TAFE training
If you think you are the right person for the traineeship, or would like to know more about the position, including when applications open (in early 2022), please email josh at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have specific questions about the traineeship please email email@example.com or call 02 6493 34000
Register your interest in the On Country Crew Training program today
Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be informed when a full position description and application process is available (early 2022).