Volunteer on projects
– check dates by contacting us or phoning us 02 64933400. Join The Crossing Community by bringing enthusiasm and a smile as well as long pants, shirt and sun protection clothing and some lunch/food to contribute to the pot (sleeping bag and a torch if you have arranged to stay for more than a day). Help maintain and develop our permaculture systems, our conservation area and Landcare projects or group morale with food and garden assistance on the day.
Provide financial or in-kind support.
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible and donations of secondhand equipment worth $5000 or greater are also tax deductible. Consider a bequest, donation or sponsorship of a young person.
Lend a hand with annual events
– The Crossing Youth Stage at Cobargo Folk Festival in late Feb, the Sea to Snow Ball in early October and the Songwriters camp in mid December.
Sell The Crossing recipe book
to help us raise funds for youth scholarships – the book has the story of The Crossing Land in pictures with recipes tested on groups over the last 25 years including correct quantities for groups of 4 or 24 (family or party!)
Join a Board Committee
– The Crossing thrives on support from our community, especially if you live on the far south coast and have time and skills to offer relevant to conservation, farming, accounting, mechanics, construction, contracts, grants, marketing, event management or employment. Just join a committee for one project. If you like it you can stay involved, but a single project is still greatly appreciated.
Committee members sometimes feel the heart of the place so strongly that they join our Board.
Our committees are:
- Governance and Finance,
- Marketing and Fundraising,
- Program, Training and Infrastructure